Kata Beach Resort Information
- Most hotels in Kata Beach provide facilities for wheelchair users. The resort itself may prove difficult in places with some uneven pavements and hilly areas. Access to the beach is by a set of wooden steps.
- Kata has a great variety of shops, supermarkets, boutiques, tailors, souvenir sellers and much more. All are open from 09:00 to 21:00.
- Bank of Ayudhya has two branch in Kata Beach open from 09:00 to 16:00. Closed on saturdays / sundays and public holidays.
Money Exchanges & ATM's
- Located thoughout the resort offering good rates of exchange. Open from 09:00 to 21:00. Always ask first the amount of Thai Bahts you will be given for the amount of money you are changing. There are lots of ATM's throughout the resort accepting all major credit and debit cards.
- Located on Thaina Road, just along from Kata Centre. Open from 09:00 to 16:00
- There are five chemist shops in Kata open from 09:00 to 21:00
- The main surgery is located on Thaina Road. No appointment necessary.
- Located on Ket Khuan Road, providing some great treatments. Visit a great dentist in Phuket PromjaiDental.com
- DON'T overstay your 30 day tourist visa. Fines at the airport are heavy. Visa extensions (if required) are easily obtained at the immigration office in Patong along the seafront. Visit ThaiVisa.com
Most hotels and internet cafes provide fast broadband internet access. Some hotels have wireless access for guests.
Hairdressers / Barbers
- Located on Thaina Road, Kata Centre
There are no self-service laundry machines in Kata Beach. Some local shops will launder your clothing. The price is by the kilo ( 80 Baht/Kilo).
Kata Beach has a Thai boxing ring very near to Kata Centre in the night market area. Visit Phuket-Muay-Thai.com